From: Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Sent: Dienstag, Januar 3, 2017 8:40 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Promote TEXT to Proper
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>

Hello all,

I propose that we move [text] to Commons Proper.

[ ] +1 Move [text] to Commons Proper
[ ] +0 I am fine with this move
[ ] -0 I am not too keen, because ...
[ ] -1 I am against this move, because ...

This VOTE will remain open for a minimum of 72 hours.

Why this proposal? My points follow:

* [text] currently is the most active of the sandbox components.

* Since June of 2016, we have seen nine distinct authors of commits to the
repository.

* In my opinion, a [text] release will help to accommodate [lang] to become a
lighter more java language based component by removing a considerable amount
of, from the perspective of the arbitrary java application developer,
potentially rarely used text processing algorithms.

Cheers,
-Rob