On 03.01.17 20:39, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I propose that we move [text] to Commons Proper.

> [X] +1 Move [text] to Commons Proper
> [ ] +0 I am fine with this move
> [ ] -0 I am not too keen, because ...
> [ ] -1 I am against this move, because ...
[...]
> * In my opinion, a [text] release will help to accommodate [lang] to become a
> lighter more java language based component by removing a considerable amount
> of, from the perspective of the arbitrary java application developer,
> potentially rarely used text processing algorithms.

Would it be possible to check generally available code bases for usage
statistics of the commons libraries classes? We could derive some
packaging hints from this information. I'd argue that many people use
commons-lang just for StringUtils, commons-code just for Base64-encoding
or commons-collections just for CollectionUtils.

Bye, Thomas