From: Amey Jadiye <ameyjad...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 4:00:08 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: [daemon] : fixing some general stuff

Hi All,

I'm going through apache daemon code and trying to fix the stuff breaking
with below maven options, also would like to know if some more checks can
be added since this repo contains lot of C code.

mvn clean verify apache-rat:check clirr:check checkstyle:check
findbugs:check javadoc:javadoc

couple of things I'd like to discuss and get opinion.

#1. TESTS: No test cases present, adding some could be a good add [at least
for java code], not idea about C code.

#2. RAT : apache-rat is crying for  4 files, it is ok to add APACHE LICENSE
but I found they already have GPLv3 in them, shall we replace them, or we
need consent ?
src/native/unix/support/config.sub
src/native/unix/support/config.guess
src/native/unix/native/.indent.pro

#3. CLIRR : building good.

#4. CHECKSTYLE: Hell lot of mess, 170+ errors, but I can take them down one
by one, no big deal.

#5   FINDBUG: 4 bugs, no big deal.

#6. JAVADOC: Few bugs, again no big deal.

Regards,
Amey