On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Other programming languages eco-systems successfully follow
> an approach based on (really) small components; why would you
> want "Commons Math" to remain this monolithic beast?

No one is arguing for monolithic. We are simply questioning, whether a
split in Maven modules is sufficient, or not.

My impression is, that you are not even considering that more
lightweight approach. The arguments are giving, are typically answered
just as well with modules. Plus, you avoid losing oversight over the
sum.

Jochen