Hello Jörg,

> Am 26.09.2017 um 19:48 schrieb Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>:
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>
>> On 26 September 2017 at 16:06, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> commons-logging.jar
>>> commons-logging-adapters.jar
>>> commons-logging-api.jar
>>>
>>> All jars have org.apache.commons.logging as root package, so if I
>>> understand correctly we can’t do the Automatic-Module-Name trick, because
>>> this would require the build producing a single jar with one top level
>>> package.
>>
>> Is the user allowed to have all three on the classpath at the same time?
>>
>> I'd expect the api jar probably gets the Automatic-Module-Name, and
>> maybe the other two can't be modularised.
>
> AFAICS we have only commons-logging. The other artifacts have not been part
> of any release in the last decade.

It looks like those artifacts have been published to maven central under
commons-logging:commons-logging coordinates [1]. I’m currently unsure whether
it is possible to reference them from a maven build.

Benedikt

[1]
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22commons-logging%22%20AND%20a%3A%22commons-logging%22