On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:22:45 +0000, Steve Bosman wrote:
> and I have also emailed an ICLA.

Not received/acknowledged yet.

I am now listed on the "Persons with signed CLAs but who are not (yet)
committers." page.

Welcome!

> I think two convenience divide methods performing qr^{-1} and r^{-1}q
> for q
> and r would be useful, but I couldn't think of nice names for them.

What are the use-cases?
Why aren't "multiply" and "inverse" enough?

I must admit I'm new to quaternions and stumbled into the project while
trying to improve my understanding so I'm not going to claim great
knowledge of how common these operations are. I was primarily thinking of Quaternion Interpolation - SLERP and SQUAD. It seems to me that you end up creating inverse instances and throwing them away a lot and I thought it
would be good to reduce that overhead.

Surely, the class "Quaternion" is minimal but, before adding to
the API, we be careful to have use-cases for low-level operations.
Those mentioned above seems more high-level, tied to a specific
domain (see also "Commons Geometry", another new component not yet
released) but I may be wrong...

Steve