Hi Udit.

Le jeu. 9 mai 2019 à 12:52, Udit Arora <udit18...@iiitd.ac.in> a écrit :

> I intend to add a mode function for the Cauchy Distribution. It is a small
> addition which i thought might be helpful.

How will it be helpful?  I.e. what would an application developer
be able to do, that he can't with the current code?

You've surely noted that that the class you want to modify is but
one of the implementations of the interface "ContinuousDistribution".
So if you propose to change the API, the change should be done
at the interface level, and the appropriate computation performed, or
method overloads defined, for all implementations.

The "accessor" methods refer to fields that were set by the contructor;
e.g. for "CauchyDistribution", "median" and "scale".
In this case, it happens that "mode" has the same value as "median",
but does this warrant an additional method?