Hello.

Le ven. 17 mai 2019 à 12:14, Aleksander Ściborek
<aleksanderscibo...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
> Right now I'm going to minic IntSummaryStatistics. Orginal idea had been to
> create a BigDecimalAverager just for calculate an average in functional
> style, but after I saw IntSummaryStatistics from JDK i deciced to exdends
> functionality.

I'm wary of dropping this in "Commons Statistics" without a broader view
of the design of a package where it would perhaps fit with similar functionality
for other number types.
Could the class be generic?  If so, what would be the API required to perform
the operations?  "Commons Numbers" has some suggestions[1][2]; those can,
and should, be adapted to actual use-cases, such as "streams" (preferably
before the first release).

It would perhaps be helpful to know why there is no "BigDecimalStatistics" in
the JDK.

[1]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-numbers.git;a=tree;f=commons-numbers-core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/numbers/core
[2]