Hello.

Le mar. 21 mai 2019 à 00:20, Aleksander Ściborek
<aleksanderscibo...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi
>
> >Hence my question: Do you have use-cases? (Your own, or reference
> >to other libraries that use types similar to "BigDecimal" in the way you
> >propose to be implemented here.)
>
> My idea is to use that API in similar way:
>
> https://pastebin.com/HGcKwv3V

This is a usage example.
What I meant is a "real-life" application.

> >Yes, but that "package" does not exist yet; hence we (you) have to
> >1. suggest a scope for a new maven module,
>
> My general proposition is to provide some new tools for functional way of
> processing data in order to generate some statistics(right now I think
> mostly about BigDecimal/BigInteger). The scope for now is not big but I
> believe it is quite useful.

This component is a WIP, but there should be some rough roadmap.
The guideline is that at some point, all the functionality in the
  org.apache.commons.math4.stat.descriptive
package (and sub-packages thereof) of "Commons Math" should be
provided by a new
  commons-statistics-descriptive
maven module of "Commons Statistics".

Perhaps that your proposed contribution fits that plan, but it is not
obvious to me.  For example, should there be a dedicated
  commons-statistics-descriptive-bigdecimal
module?  Or will the functionality be provided in a generic way?

IMHO, a worthy principle, to be applied for the new components, is to
avoid that they become a dump of numerous disparate little tools.

Maybe I'm missing what you are getting at.
Hopefully, someone else can comment (Eric?).