> On 1 Jun 2019, at 22:49, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> Le sam. 1 juin 2019 à 21:56, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>> I've created a branch[1] which fixes some checkstyle reported issues.
>> The resulting build[2] shows the issues have been fixed.
>>
>> Can someone take a look at that...
>>
>> If there are no objections would it be Ok to merge that to master?
>
> I'm against "throws" clauses for unchecked exception; as per J. Bloch:
> "[...] do not provide throws clauses for unchecked exceptions".[1]

I recently upgraded checkstyle in [rng] and [statistics] because it was using
old configuration that did not utilise recent checkstyle features to enforce
the coding style. Geometry was based on the same checkstyle and it should
really be upgraded.

However I did not upgrade [geometry] or [numbers] as a quick check showed there
were a lot of problems [1] (and I did not have time). Even just upgrading
checkstyle to 8.20 and keeping the same config finds additional problems as the
checking is better.

Would you consider incorporating an update to checkstyle in this branch or
another PR? Most of the work is trivial and should not take long. The main
source of problems are the tests which could be ignored during checks.

Alex

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201905.mbox/%3C43eb34dc-ebdc-e0d8-c943-a35bc642d4ca%40gmail.com%3E

<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201905.mbox/%3c43eb34dc-ebdc-e0d8-c943-a35bc642d...@gmail.com%3E>