I highly recommend to take a look at the Apache Jena project for
inspiration here. It has a very mature graph representationat this point:

https://jena.apache.org/

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/graph/Graph.html

give it try and make sure to post to us...@jena.apache.org if you have any
questions