On 9/7/19 2:30 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
Hi all

What is the status of graph at commons - or apache if we have something
elsewhere?

I found in sandbox that doc
https://commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-graph/apidocs/org/apache/commons/graph/DirectedGraph.html,
but wonder if we have something live and if not why it failed.

It just never made it out of the sandbox.  It is a very old sandbox component.  I think we talked at one time about bringing it into [math] but never got consensus to do that, IIRC partly for the reason that it made sense for it to stay as a simple stand alone.

My rational is I started to write some DAG modelization and tooling
(backward browsing in my case) but I see it could be generic so wonder if
it is worse thinking about commons or incubator of if scope is too small
for that and keeping it specific is saner.

Makes sense to me.  Coincidentally, I may be needing something like this to represent and manage paths through DAGs so if you do decide to pick it up, I might contribute.  You can just start committing in the sandbox and there is no need to worry about any compatibility issues as it has never been released.

Phil

Anyone has some pointers?