> On 22 Feb 2020, at 00:29, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Le ven. 21 févr. 2020 à 23:15, Matt Juntunen
> <matt.juntu...@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Are we waiting on anything for a numbers release?
>
> I don't think so.

Are you talking about a beta release where the API is not yet frozen?

I’m still testing versions of LinearCombination. But from the discussion on
NUMBERS-142 [1] it seems the choice may be to just change the current class to
use a more precise method. It will be slower than the current method but will
have an ensured accuracy of 1 ULP. It will be much faster than BigDecimal. All
the testing implementations can go into the examples module for reference.

I have 1 PR for Complex to add an internal version of Math.hypot (NUMBERS-143).
I’ll go over this soon and bring it in. The method is faster and more accurate
than Math.hypot.

I think Complex is ISO C99 compliant and quite robust to edge cases. The
javadoc needs a second pass and then an internal rearrangement of the code
layout. I’ve left this until last so that the git change history is clear. But
the methods and API are done.

Then there is the implementation of ComplexList for storing and working with
many complex numbers. This would be a replacement for part of
numbers.complex.stream.ComplexUtils. The question is should this part of the
API be established before any release? If a beta then we can remove redundant
methods from ComplexUtils later.

Alex

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUMBERS-142#