Yes you’re totally welcome to, and the directions are here:
http://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html
<http://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html>

Feel free to ask questions and I would suggest using the release plugin portion
of the release preparation page. If there’s confusion (I would expect some
obsolescence) on the page do make note of it, and I would be happy to update it
as we see fit.

All the best,
-Rob