> On 12 Apr 2020, at 15:58, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I propose to release version
>>    0.1-beta1
>> of "Commons Statistics", as part of the dependency
>> requirements for a beta release of the next major version
>> of "Commons Math".
>>

> Should we change the "version" from
>    0.1-beta1
>    1.0-beta1
> ?

1.0-beta seems fine.

New modules can go into 1.1 or 1.1-beta if 1.0 gets an official release.

On the subject of releases should we first release CP with the fix for dropping
the .txt from the LICENSE and NOTICE files? Note that the fix works but perhaps
should also be fixed in the commons build plugin which generates the README
files as that will still create links to files with a .txt suffix. The build
plugin should detect which is appropriate given the source.

Alex