Hi.

Le dim. 7 juin 2020 à 12:54, Xeno Amess <xenoam...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Ahhh you are right.
> I'm new to JIRA. sorrrrry

I'll take the opportunity to draw your attention to pending issues in
"Commons Math"[1] that would prevent releasing the next version.
It's great that you want to clean up the codebase, but the myriad of
little adjustments (among the few significant enhancements) will not
make the release happen sooner.
I hope that you can find something interesting to work on from the
list below (to which you can add of course by filing new JIRA reports).

As for the clean-up, I strongly suggest to create *one* report that will
list all suggestions/PRs for small improvements sorted in categories
(with *one* JIRA "sub-task" per category).
That way, a reviewer can take on a single type of issue, quickly
figuring out what the change is about, in every commit.  A single
"target" issue on JIRA would also allow to normalize/simplify/improve
the commit message.  For example, a message such as this one:
---CUT---
refine equals from ClassCastException
---CUT---
is not to the point and one is clueless without actually looking at the
diff.
This kind of issue should rather lead to a "Do not use exception for
control flow" category.  [Then the commit message would be just that
(prefixed with the JIRA issue identifier).]

The current flood of email messages from GitHub is not sustainable
for me (sorry).

Thanks,
Gilles

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MATH/issues