Hi.

>> IMO, the top priority is now to fix the failing unit tests;
>> personally, I'm not going to merge any PR before that is
>> achieved (and please refer to the JIRA identifier[1] in the
>> corresponding commit/PR).
>
> agreed.
>
> And I still suggest revert back to the last version which can build, and
> start an investigation/modification about every commit after that.

You are welcome to implement your suggestion and/or
coordinate with Amey.

> After all it is not good to leave hundreds of commits who fails tests in
> branch master.
> That is confusing when people try to learn about history of this repo / how
> does the repo built from beginning.

Another perspective: It reflects the actual history of the
repository.
Presumably, this would not have happened in a released
component; at least, it was right for this component to be
in the sand-box. ;-)

Personally, I'd forget about the history prior to the move to
git (viewed as the "initial" state from a source code donation),
fix the issues and start refactoring.