On 2020-07-24, Xeno Amess wrote:

> how about:
> 1. we force versions of dependencies in commons-parent
> 2. we make every commons repo use commons-parent as parent.
> 3. we make sure no other repos forces versions of dependencies; all of the
> versions number shall be inherited from commons-parent
> 4. we upgrade versions in commons-parent every several months.

As you may guess I'd be strongly opposed to this as it would mean we
updated everey few months just because we can, noot because there was a
good reason. On top no component could upgrade more agressively if it
really needed a feature of a newer version.

Apart from that I'd expect some component developers to be rather
unhappy if *anything* was forced on them. :-)

Honestly I doubt we could even find a common ground on which version of
Java to support if we tried to have one version for all components.

Stefan