Von: Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Gesendet: Sunday, December 27, 2020 8:14:58 PM
An: dev@commons.apache.org <dev@commons.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Preparing a release

Sorry, I was not subscribed to the list.

On 2020/12/25 01:18:00, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There might be a lot more to consider here since this would be a major
> release. Are there breaking API changes we want to make? Are there
> deprecated APIs we want to drop?
>
> I see a lot of errors fly by when I do a local build on Windows but these
> do not seem to fail the build which is odd.

Not sure if I understand your questions, I still actively support OGNL 3.x
which lives on Github, there is a lot of smaller changes which should be moved
into this project to keep backward compatibility with projects depending on
OGNL.

As imported version was 3.0.1 and now there is OGNL 3.2.18 I think this
supposed to be the first step.

> It seems to me that this project has not been released in a long time, so
> there should be some consideration to taking advantage of the version of
> Java the component is now sitting on.

This project was never released after moving it under ASF umbrella.

> I think I saw an animal sniffer setting set to Java 15? How does that make
> sense?

I just tried to understand what to do to build the project, and as I understand
java15 means Java 1.5
https://www.mojohaus.org/animal-sniffer/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/usage.html

> To make a long story short, we should not be in a rush to release a major
> new version just for the sake of creating a release. Maybe that would be
> better in the 3.x context, I'm not sure.

Right, I'm just trying understand the requirements of releasing a project which
belongs to Commons family.

Regards
Lukasz