On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 2:34 PM Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Don't add and use custom annotations, this opens the door to each of our
> 20+ components doing the same thing, so pick a library and stick with it.

I suggested starting with lang, because that would be the template for
most others. (At least those, who are already using lang as a
dependency.)

> 2) Make sure there are no licensing issues with that library.

What licensing issues could there be with a dependency in scope
"provided"? It is never going to be distributed,isn't it?
Besides, the suggested library is available under ASL2:
https://search.maven.org/artifact/com.google.code.findbugs/jsr305/3.0.2/jar

Jochen

--

Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)