Le lun. 1 févr. 2021 à 14:49, Jochen Wiedmann
<jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 2:34 PM Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) Don't add and use custom annotations, this opens the door to each of our
> > 20+ components doing the same thing, so pick a library and stick with it.
>
> I suggested starting with lang, because that would be the template for
> most others. (At least those, who are already using lang as a
> dependency.)
>
> > 2) Make sure there are no licensing issues with that library.
>
> What licensing issues could there be with a dependency in scope
> "provided"? It is never going to be distributed,isn't it?
> Besides, the suggested library is available under ASL2:
> https://search.maven.org/artifact/com.google.code.findbugs/jsr305/3.0.2/jar

Potential issues are mentioned there:
    https://dzone.com/articles/when-to-use-jsr-305-for-nullability-in-java

This[1] may be especially worrying (?):
---CUT---
Using jsr305 causes additional issues, if Guava is used in a modular
JDK9 applications, because it puts the annotations into
javax.annotation package, which is also used by a couple of other
JAR-s and a legacy JDK module java.xml.ws.annotation. If one wants to
create a modular JDK9 application with two dependencies to conflicting
JAR-s, Java refuses to compile and run it because of a package split.
[...]
Findbugs has been rebooted as Spotbugs and they are going to make a
switch from JSR-305 to their own internal annotations in version 4.0.0
that do not break anything [...]
---CUT---

[1] https://github.com/google/guava/issues/2960#issue-263628666