On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 19:39, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> FYI - I did the work of moving Logging Services site from the CMS to git. It
> really wasn’t that hard. The main web site is at
> https://github.com/apache/logging-site
> <https://github.com/apache/logging-site>.  Each of the subproject has their
> own site such as https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site
> <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site>. Although the Logging Services
> site is small the Log4j site is very large. I can tell you that publishing
> the web site for each new releases is order of magnitudes faster than SVN
> was. I did have to modify how the logging services site gets built but all
> the subprojects use the Maven site plugin.

AFAICT, the logging-*-site repos are only used for staging and
publication of the website.
It looks like the sites are built elsewhere, and then copied into the
appropriate repo.
The process seems to be described here [1].

However the critical step is:
"3. Add the new site under the content directory (or a subdirectory of
that as appropriate)."
This is not explained.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LOGGING/Managing+the+Logging+Services+Web+Sites