Le dim. 15 août 2021 à 15:48, Avijit Basak <avijit.ba...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi
>
>         As mentioned earlier I need to use descriptive statistics in
> *genetics* module as part of *math4* release. This will be required for
> checking convergence status, probability generation. This can also be used
> for streaming current population conditions to interested listeners.
> Currently, we have a DescriptiveStatistics class as part of math4.legacy
> module. Is there any plan to develop a new statistics module like neuralnet
> and genetics?

Not exactly:  Refactored statistics utilities should find a home in the
the new "Commons Statistics" component.[1]

> If not what is the way to proceed forward. Kindly guide me in
> this regard.

There are several ways forward:
1. You contribute to start work on a "commons-statistics-descriptive"
maven module in the component mentioned above. ["Commons Math"
can depend on that component's modules.]
2. You make modifications to the GA functionality inside the current
"o.a.c.m.legacy.genetics" package.  [I'd still advise that we define
interfaces to whatever functionality (like descriptive statistics) should
ultimately be implemented somewhere else.]
3. You create a new "commons-math-ga" module that does not depend
on the "commons-math-legacy" module.  [That would imply creating an
"internal" package (where you can copy anything you need) whose
contents will not be part of the official API (i.e. users must not rely on
it being stable across even minor releases).]

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-statistics