Hello.

Le mer. 5 janv. 2022 à 09:26, Avijit Basak <avijit.ba...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi All
>
>        I have identified a few *protected* methods which could be made
> *private*. Those are mostly validation methods of input arguments and used
> internally. Keeping them as protected won't add much value considering
> future extension.

This is the crux of the above (long) discussion.
Everything that "could" be private, must be private.
Anything that does not need to be public should be private
by default, until a use-case is demonstrated for enhancing
its visibility status.

> I would like to do the modification.
>        It would be helpful if anyone can confirm the process of checking in
> new code now. Will it be as part of the same PR(#200) with a new commit?

No.  The state of PR #200 as of two days ago is in the
    feature__MATH-1563__genetic_algorithm
branch.[1]
>From now on, modifications should come as new PRs based against
that branch (i.e. *not* the "master" branch).

> Would the commit message remain the same as earlier?

No; please describe concisely, but fully, what the commit does.
[For major changes, it may be useful to also file a JIRA report.]
If there are several trivial changes, it is preferable that they be
collected as a single commit (per PR).
In this instance, the commit message could just be
---CUT---
Changed "protected" to "private".
---CUT---
without much more details, since it is in line with the general
consensus that more "privacy" is better. ;-)
However, please be careful to not mix several types of changes
(e.g. visibility level changes and formatting changes) within the
same commit.

Thanks in advance,
Gilles

[1]