Did you have an old NOTICE file in the directory where you built the jcs
release? I read the release instructions [1] and the code of
commons-release-plugin [2], and found nothing that appeared to replace files or
dates. The tag on GitHub is showing NOTICE.txt (with the extension) with the
correct dates.

Maybe somebody else knows how that can happen.

-Bruno

[1] https://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html
[2]
https://github.com/apache/commons-release-plugin/tree/966cb151acba3939e90a0572df3a03de7ad6ed16/src/assembly

    On Thursday, 6 January 2022, 12:25:20 am NZDT, Thomas Vandahl
<t...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi Bruno,

> Am 05.01.2022 um 06:41 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita
> <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>:
>
> I didn't have much time, so inspected only one file, randomly selected, from
> the dist area. The src zip. @Thomas, I think the NOTICE has the date 2020? I
> think that can be fixed later? Everything else looks OK in that file.

This is what the maven-remote-resources-plugin puts out, probably based on
${project.build.outputTimestamp}. No idea where it comes from and who sets this.
Anyone?

Bye, Thomas