Hi Gilles,

> Am 17.01.2022 um 14:11 schrieb Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>:
>
> No; the remark is for making the reviewer's life easier, i.e just copy/paste
> the command and see the build succeed.  Without the environment variable,
> the "javadoc" step fails IIRC.

Ok, thanks for the hint. I didn’t know this.

> It's not the procedure.  I simply stress FTR that the release notes
> become less and less what they should be, that is a summary for
> human consumption that attracts the user's attention on functional
> changes. [The full set of changes is always accessible through the
> commits log.]
> To ensure clarity for users, changes that cannot affect them should
> not be listed in "changes.xml".
Yes. For the sake of clarity for the user, I find the manual maintenance of
changes.xml much better than other measures like commit logs or JIRA-Ticket
reports.
However, I’m a bit hesitant to change entries made by other committers. I guess
that would require consent between all committers of a project on how to
maintain the changes list.

>>> There are a few changes marked incompatible.  Is it expected in a minor
>>> release?
>> The japicmp report recommends a 0.1.0 release which it is.
>
> I don't understand why, but OK then…
Actually, it took several changes to be reverted just to get to this state.

>> Would you please consider voting?
>
> +1
>
> [There are no technical issues, only communication issues that are
> common problems with all the releases.]

Thanks, Gilles.

Bye, Thomas