On 27/01/2022 22:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now.

   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
   [ ] +0 OK, but...
   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
   [X] -1 I oppose this release because...

The minimum Java version has been changed since 1.2.4 from Java 6 to Java 7. This isn't mentioned in the release notes (which explicitly state Java 6 as the minimum) or the change log. I think we need at least an RC2 to address these.

On the same topic, should we increase the version number to 1.3.0?

On one hand, no-one should even be using Java 6 (or Java 7 but Tomcat 8 has a mandatory spec requirement to run on Java 7) these days so from that point of view 1.2.5 doesn't seem unreasonable. On the other, changing the minimum Java version in a point release doesn't seem right. I'm leaning towards 1.3.0 but would be happy with 1.2.5 if that is the consensus.

Thoughts?

Mark