Currently, all a user needs to do to use commons-crypto is to include it as
a dependency in an application that runs on a supported operating system
with a supported version of OpenSSL (1.0 and 1.1).  Commons-crypto
dynamically, and IMO quite elegantly, determines the underlying OS and
OpenSSL version and calls the correct corresponding JNI library and OpenSSL
API.  It can do this because it packages JNI libraries for all supported
operating systems with the distribution and it performs runtime version
checks of OpenSSL.  It *is* easier to perform a single-platform build, but
that would require us to release a separate build for every supported OS,
which I would argue is more complex than releasing one build for all
supported operating systems.  Also, the heavy lifting of supporting a
multi-OS build has already been done via the existing Dockerfile.  I don't
see any reason to move away from the current release strategy.