I think it might be helpful to think about this in terms of existing and
legacy code bases that need to migrate to the Jakarta namespace in a simple
manner, as opposed to green-field development.

For example, Apache Wicket has a branch using FileUpload 2 snapshot.

I plan on cutting a release candidate for 2 .0.0-M1 this weekend or next
week. Some people have been asking for it as well.

Gary