Hello.

Le mer. 19 juil. 2023 à 02:33, Dimitrios Efthymiou
<efthymiou.dimitri...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello everyone. Is there, or gonna be, a dedicated ticket for the
> modularisation of all 14 packages commons-math-legacy has?

> I think that
> some of them are easy to modularise like optimisation,

When I list the dependencies towards other packages in "legacy",
I see
  o.a.c.math4.legacy.core
  o.a.c.math4.legacy.linear
  o.a.c.math4.legacy.analysis

How do you suggest to handle it?

> special

Here, there is only one class, but it should be analysed to
suggest a better API (and maybe improve performance).
There is also the question of whether to provide this and other
special functions with extended precision[1] (and maybe move
them to [Numbers]; like the gamma family of functions).

> and filter

When I list the dependencies towards other packages in "legacy",
I see
  o.a.c.math4.legacy.linear

[1] See section 7.4 in D. Bailey's documentation:
        https://www.davidhbailey.com/dhbpapers/mpfun2020.pdf