Hello.

Le mer. 19 juil. 2023 à 12:59, Dimitrios Efthymiou
<efthymiou.dimitri...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> thanks Gilles.
> 1--I think I broke the build, because I did not include (correctly)
> the dependency on clustering inside the root pom.xml. My local build
> succeeds. I hope that the GitHub build succeeds, as well.

It doesn't.

> 2--As for the atomic refactoring and feature branch, well,
> unless someone moves the Variance class (you said that someone
> is doing it now) and the distance package and whatever other
> dependencies exist within the ml.clustering package,
> there can be no moving of the remaining clustering classes
> to the new clustering module, right?

Wrong.  I made a suggestion on JIRA.

> 3--I see that the commons-statistics project, for example,
> has empty modules. I think the geometry project (I don't remember which one)
> has some classes that are still in commons-math

Which ones?

> because the migration
> is not complete.

The migration was completed (it took almost two years) before
releasing v1.0 of the [Geometry] component.

> So, I thought that I coud do the same i.e. move
> the clusteirng classes that do not depend on anything

The "same" is doing what I suggested (cf. above).

> 4--I don't know how to continue with the clustering modularisation
> given all those dependencies. Maybe I shouldn't have started this,
> because now I am stuck

If the work would have only consisted in copying Java files from
one directory to another... It would have been done already.
Even for packages that didn't have any dependency (see e.g. the
"commons-math-transform" module), the port involved looking at
the API to make it more "modern" and/or user-friendly.
The "clustering" case is more complicated because, in addition to
the API changes and enhancements, there are (few) dependencies
(to remove), and bugs (to fix).
Please look at the JIRA reports.  [One main issue is how to represent
a point in (problem domain) space and cluster of those, and distance
between them, ...]