Hi all,

I got a look at the Commons IO Javadoc [1] yesterday and it looks like something got wrong starting with the 2.14 release, the framed layout [2] up to the version 2.13 was much more usable, with an instant overview of the package structure and the classes available. Exploring the API is really tedious with the new layout.

I don't know if the latest JDKs still support the framed layout, if they do it would be nice to trigger the build option necessary, otherwise I think we should switch to an alternative doclet, or stick to older JDKs for now.

What do you think?

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://javadoc.io/doc/commons-io/commons-io/2.16.1/index.html
[2] https://javadoc.io/doc/commons-io/commons-io/2.13.0/index.html