On Feb 10, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2014, at 2:52 PM, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It can be fun getting your changes released every week and getting feedback
>> from users...
>

> Again, look at this from the PoV of a truly volunteer
> contributor... If he/she needs to constantly watch the
> list to make sure that they are able to vote on a release,
> it becomes a job, a task, rather than fun.
>
> How "welcoming" would a project be for you to join, for
> fun, if it *required* you keep track of it as if it was
> your job?
>
> In addition to nurturing the present community, you
> also need to nurture the future community.

+1000

I am on the POI PMC and we seem to be able to keep around the 3-5 active PMC
level, but to do so requires bringing in additional PMC whenever we see a good
candidate. Some last and some don't. We've been around for over 12 years. No
one has been around the whole time. We release 2-4 times a year - usually one
final and the rest are betas. We have 7 day release votes. A high cadence would
kill us.

Regards,
Dave