On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Ross Gardler
<ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> This whole process is nonsense

In general I agree - CoCoMo is the worst model for valuation (except
for all of the others)

> What is important is what economic value does the code produce. If we look at
> it that way I'd say our code (and that of LF for that matter) is worth many,
> many $B more than these numbers imply. The HTTPd project, for example, drives
> over 50% of the web - what's the value of the web?

Yes, the important measure for us as a non-profit charity, and what we
should be highlighting is our impact on the world. 8 Trillion in
commerce will traverse the web this year, and roughly 50% of that will
be served by httpd - so $4T through a single project alone. The impact
is huge, not just in the web server space, but in Big Data, NoSQL,
Java, etc.