In fact,remove me from Apache mailing lists immidately

On Nov 21, 2015 5:37 AM, Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:
I'm opposed to a separate Apache org, our even an apache project. Not opposed
to a china specific org of its own. In fact I helped create KAIYUANSHE that Ted
mentions in his original mail and up continue to help that community in the
ways I can (I'm also linguistically challenged).

As more Chinese folks learn how we work it becomes more likely that a Chinese
speaking community will emerge. Possibly past of the ASF, possibly something
different.

I agree the way forward, here at Apache, is for Chinese devs, who are able, to
engage in our projects. Some of which already have plenty of Chinese members.
Things will grow from there.

At the same time, we in ComDev should help Ted and others in any way we can.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Ted Dunning<mailto:ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎11/‎21/‎2015 3:27 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
Cc: nic...@hedhman.org<mailto:nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject: Re: Forming a community of Apache fans in China - Apache China
Community

Ross,

How do you square opposition to a separate china org with the irreconcilable
needs to maintain English as the language of apache with the need to allow
non-English speaking Chinese speakers to participate?

I can't.

To the extent that it is possible, I encourage English capable people from
china to participate in projects like singa, Zeppelin and kylin (all Asian
origin projects at apache).

That satisfies part of the need.

There is also a serious need for projects that conduct themselves in Chinese.
(There are also likely other languages where this need arises)

Such groups cannot validly be overseen by a non-Chinese speaking board.

How is a new Chinese speaking organization anything not important?

I don't suggest that apache create such a beast. I would love it if apache
veterans help with it.  If I can help, I will, but I am handicapped by my
linguistic ignorance. As it is often said, those with the itch must do the
scratching.

Sent from my iPhone