thinking more about it

Imagine:
- a few localized pages in community.apache.org about tooling, culture and so
on + mailing list to interact
- as a first step, previous localized team could provide a little localized
page to  each classical TLP (managed primarily in english) to explain the
purpose of the TLP and how they can contact localized community.apache.org to
get help to interact with the TLP

IMHO, it's not about translating everything in every TLP: it's about putting
in every TLP  (starting with www.apache.org and incubator.apache.org) a
localized pointer to localized helpers in community.apache.org.

Of course, if the localized team grows big, they can engage more translations
on some TLPs.

Then +1 to creating ch...@community.apache.org +
http://community.apache.org/china.html to explain the concept
And probably http://community.apache.org/international.html to point to every
localization where this process is started

Notice: instead of "china" = a country name in english, we should name it
after language: ISO-639 alpha-3 codes seem a better choice

IMHO, easy to start and see which locales get traction

Regards,

Hervé