发件人: Roman Shaposhnik<mailto:ro...@shaposhnik.org>
发送时间: ‎2015/‎11/‎22 2:43
收件人: ComDev<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
抄送: nic...@hedhman.org<mailto:nic...@hedhman.org>
主题: Re: Forming a community of Apache fans in China - Apache China Community

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Lei Chang <chang.lei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are about 5 million college graduates each year in China, and i think
> there is
> a great potential to increase the number of contributors from Apache
> community in China.

Speaking of which: do you know what's the status of Google Summer
of Code in China? If this is something we can leverage, perhaps
a good approach would be to invest in bilingual mentors to
tap into that student potential.

> Developing an Apache community in China needs some pioneers to get
> together, discuss, directs and organize the meetups, conferences. It would
> be very helpful to have a formal Apache community project set up to work on
> this.

If you're asking for a place -- ComDev is a perfect place for that. Please use
ComDev mailing lists, wiki, website, etc.

If you're asking for local events -- you'd have to be the one telling us what
makes sense and how can we help (send speakers, send stickers, etc., etc.).

Thanks,
Roman.