On 06/08/2016 06:49 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016, Ross Gardler wrote:
I asked Daniel about this at apachecon. Delete and recreate is the
only option (unless someone wants to contribute a patch, which would
be very welcome).

I took a look, to see if I could contribute something for this, but... I
couldn't spot the instructions / readme on setting up my own local
instance of the help wanted app in the svn area with the code[1], nor on
the ComDev confluence wiki. Any chance someone could point me at
something like the whimsy[2] or nearby people[3] local setup instructions?

Thanks
Nick

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/helpwanted.apache.org/
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/whimsy/README

[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/nearby_people/readme.txt

Hi Nick,
the code is the documentation right now, I'm afraid.
I'd love to provide some actual docs for it, but I'm pressed for time with the 37578578 other projects I have to work on right now.

In essence, what you do is replicate the instructions in the comdev-vm yaml in puppet on a machine, figure out which index HW wants to access and then create that with a PUT command to elasticsearch and it should just work.

With regards,
Daniel.