Yes, hashes etc are not replicated to mirrors; I think this is partly
to encourage people to download them from the ASF hardware.
However a rogue mirror could still provide its own hashes.

But hashes from ASF hardware still only provide a basic download
check; they don't provide authentication, because anyone can create a
hash for any file.

Of course, if you sign a hash with a GPG key, that would allow the
user to authenticate the hash if they trust the key.

AIUI that's basically what sigs are.