As you probably know, I have been pondering a (bi?)monthly community
newsletter for some time. The goal is to increase the connection between
projects/committers and the larger Apache Software Foundation. As we
grow larger, it becomes harder and harder for projects and individuals
to connect with what's going on across the Foundation as a whole. To
Develop Community, you might say, since that's what we're supposed to be
doing here.

As a small way to address this, my desire is to send a newsletter to
committers every two months (perhaps more often, perhaps less often, as
we judge the reaction of our community) letting them know about upcoming
events, important community news, and committer resources that they may
be unaware of.

My draft for the April newsletter is here -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dob08BhWVXMs9mThx1A_kcR9h0vY3Hsr4Q07Fu5UU0s/edit
- and I encourage you to have a look, make comments, and if you're
interested, I'll invite you to edit it.

I am sure that some people will feel that this is spammy, and that many
will delete it unread. But based on conversations at the last several
ApacheCons, I am confident that most of our community will appreciate
the information, and will find it an opportunity to increase their
cross-Foundation participation.

I don't have a firm deadline on this, but I was thinking perhaps April
5th might be a good date. Wednesdays tend to be good newsletter days,
according to people that know about stuff like that.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon