On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07 AM, Raphael Bircher
<rbircherapa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ted
>
> Am .04.2017, 06:14 Uhr, schrieb Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Raphael,
>>
>> Why don't you get some folks together and start a company that solicits
>> donations to support OO development and QA work?
>

> That's the Apache like style, and that's exactly the reason why i write to
> community and not to the openoffice dev. We have many projects at big data
> who are really successful. How they handle this problem? How they get paid
> stuff involved into their projects. Maybe we can learn from it.

It happens in exactly the way Ted is suggesting -- companies building product
around Bigdata projects are handling client relationships and they pour $$$ back
into the projects either via hiring more developers to work on them or by direct
sponsorship of ASF or by promoting the projects via conferences, training, etc.
OR all of the above ;-)

The challenge that is unique to OpenOffice as you are well aware is
the fact that
it is both a product and a project.

Thanks,
Roman.