On 06/18/2017 10:52 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> A House Style is more about branding and overall UX than whether it is for
> just static pages (the web site as you call it) or a dynamic web pages with
> a tabbed interface (also applied in a web site).
>
> It is also about colour schemas, imagery, etc. You can take a hint from:
>
>    1. https://incubator.apache.org/ngtest/
>    2. https://whimsy.apache.org

Whimsy (an ASF tool) doesn't use the same style as www.apache.org,
whereas the incubator site (a public facing page) does. Our main comdev
site also doesn't use the same style as www.a.o.

This is a PMC-only tool, so I don't see where the branding comes into
play. Furthermore, we have no mandatory house style, nor do I believe we
should have one. Every project has their own style, and should be
allowed to do so.

If you feel very strongly about brightening the CSS, feel free to do so.

With regards,
Daniel.