We have been discussing elsewhere the fact that we have a documented process for including the current event "ad" on project sites. That doc is here: http://apache.org/events/README.txt

We also track what projects are doing this. At the moment, 42 projects are, while 158 are not.

Several people have indicated a willingness to help me reach out to those 158 and encourage them to help us out, and this requires a little coordination, so that we're not irritating projects, or communicating a mandate rather than a request, or otherwise miscommunicating.

To that end:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101O3EVBYv_QhHW74bFLoO89ydaXoUJW4AC97YhnR530/edit#gid=0

The process goes like this.

1) If you're going to help out, pick a project and put your name beside it.

2) Go to the project's website, and check. It could be that they are in fact promoting the event, but our automated checks aren't catching it.

3) Contact the project's dev list. This may require that you actually subscribe to it, or you can use the http://lists.apache.org/ interface. Ask them politely to do step one in the README.txt linked above. If appropriate/possible, offer to do it yourself. But understand that people have put a lot of work into their websites, so be patient and kind.

4) Update the spreadsheet with status as appropriate. Link to the mailing list thread with a lists.apache.org URL.

That's all.