On 2/6/19 7:46 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 2/6/19 1:43 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
>> Hi, Sharan;
>>     Great summary! I am especially delighted to see the fresh take on
>> individual giving. I think that's a super cool idea. An idea for
>> future events: we could provide a QR code that leads to donate.a.o or,
>> as Kevin mentioned, physical card swipe capability on site. The
>> physical device is an idea only recently surfaced, but is in the
>> backlog for elaboration.
>
> We were in fact discussing having something like the paypal reader at
> the conference! Beep, boop, done, €5 donated! or some such.
>
> Another idea we had was live signup for mailing lists, as we sometimes
> have people who are very interested in a project or an idea, but then
> drop because SO MANY THINGS AT FOSDEM TO REMEMBER, so if we could have
> the chromebook have a "sign me up" kind of page, where people get subbed
> to the dev list and get an introduction a few days later, that would be
> awesome.

The dev list ... of a particular project? Or this dev list? Or ...
something else?

I imagine that most of the people that sign up would then pretty quickly
drop off again, but if we can capture even a handful of new interested
people, this would be a huge win.

Is there an appropriate foundation-wide list that we could put them on?
Like annou...@apache.org for example? Or this list? Presenting them a
list of 200 projects to choose from could be very intimidating, when we
have a minute or two to catch their attention.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/