On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 6:51 PM Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jorge Betancourt wrote:
> > [...] Like Rich said
> > there is a great value on being reachable to outside contributors, [...]
>
> That's illusory. GitLab isn't hard to reach. Should we have suggested 20
> years ago that our infrastructure should be primarily Microsoft tools
> because they were familiar to the most developers worldwide?

I agree with you, both are easy to use and it is basically the same
workflow (from a contributor point of view), but it is a reality that a
great deal of developers already use Github. For good or for bad people
assume that open source code lives on Github, although in reality it could
be hosted elsewhere. Again, I'm not advocating for using Github, I'm just
saying that it is understandable why it is considered more approachable
(popular) than Gitlab.

Best Regards,
Jorge