When talking about formalizing our D&I effort, there have been essentially
three options under discussion:

* Make it a sub-committee of ComDev.
* Make it a president's committee.
* Make it it's own PMC.

The current proposal is to make it a president's committee.

I'm not sure what the advantages and disadvantages of each approach is.
I'd appreciate your thoughts.  What do the powers, freedoms, and
responsibilities of a committee look in each of these alternatives?  What
are the advantages and disadvantages with respect to our goals with D&I?

Thanks,
Myrle

(Jim, this is an area you should be able to help us shine a light on, given
your extensive experience at the ASF.  You are explicitly invited to
participate.)