On 8/3/19 3:01 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
Now that posting of reports is (mostly?) working, possible future enhancement.

Currently, the wizard is targeting initial development of the report,
possibly collaboratively.  However, once posted, you need to use
either the whimsy board agenda tool or svn directly to make updates,
and to see and respond to comments.

If you fetch the board agenda in json format, you can get the current
posted report, any comments that have been entered to date, and a
digest.  Examples:

https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-08-21.json
https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-07-17.json

If you post an updated report and include the previous digest, and the
digest matches the current digest, then the board agenda tool will
replace the report.  The reporter tool could then become the "go to"
place for PMC members (including non chairs and non ASF members) to
view and interact with the board.  I could even open up the posting of
comments endpoint for PMC members to add their own comments to their
own report.

This is all very awesome, thank your for enabling this! :)

I'm thinking this would be a great thing in the long run, and I'll work towards letting users deal with replacing/diffing in case of a report already having been filed, though it may take a while to come up with a proper way to handle this.

For starters, I'm going to replace the current reporter tool with the new wizard, and then work towards better interaction with whimsy in the coming month (I think the new tool is good to go as is, but will work on adding your new features to it).

Further down the road, a similar tool could be developed for podlings.

Yes, the only main difference is that podlings are not in the committee database. So....we just need to fetch some info elsewhere, and then most of the new tool would be accessible by podlings. Then we'd figure out how to "post to the combined incubator report".

- Sam Ruby