Hi Hadrian,

I like your idea, very clear.
If possible, we can share this summary to other ALCs  or add something to [1]
in the future.

Cheers.
Trista

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/Apache+Local+Community+-+ALC#ApacheLocalCommunity-ALC-ALCRolesandResponsibilities

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panj...@apache.org

On 02/27/2020 04:47,Hadrian Zbarcea<hzbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Juan Pan,

Best is to keep things simple. My suggestion would be to have 3 roles:

1. Associate Members = anybody interested, low barrier to entry
2. Members (or Full Members) = members who are also committers to any ASF
project
3. Steering Committee = elected from Full Members with an
administrative/organizational role (similar to a PMC); size up to you

Associate Members would become Full Members simply by getting the Vote of
an ASF community/project, not special procedure would be necessary inside
the ALC. At least one member of the Steering Committee SHOULD be a member
of dev@community.a.o. You could consider removing Associate Members who
were inactive for a significant time, say 2 years.

Cheers,
Hadrian