Hi Members,

One of our (CloudStack) comitters has come with a great idea to increase
project contributions...

Traditionally Github has been very binary, you're either a commiter and you
can write to a Repo and perform Issue and Pull Request admin (like add
labels, change status, etc), or you aren't a comitter and 'sucks to be you'.

Githib has introduced a 'Triage' role which bridges the gap.  The Triage
role, allows issue and pull request admin, but still blocks writing to the
actual code. [1]

I guess we'd need a mechanism to control/add contributors to the Triage
team per project, kinda like Karma for Confluence.

I think that would be a great stepping stone for contributors to get more
involved in projects, so I'd like to gather support from other projects and
the ASF 'elders' for the principle.

Many thanks

Paul Angus

[1]