Hi All

Recently I heard about an incident where a potential contributor wanted to
contribute something to an ASF project but had found it difficult to interact
because of the language barrier. They had very limited English skills.

I'd like to start a discussion to get some ideas around what we could do in
general to encourage or help people who may find it hard to become involved at
the ASF because of language.

I seem to remember that the latest ASF D&I Survey had some findings around
language confidence and that it had sometimes acted as a barrier for new
contributors. Do we have any plans, initiatives or existing tools that could
help with this?. It would be great to get some feedback from anyone that has
experienced this language barrier and discuss what could be done to improve the
situation and help others.

Does anyone have any comments, suggestions or ideas? I'd like to hear them.
Please join the conversation and let's see what can be done.

Thanks
Sharan